Updated: Apr 30, 2021
Eva's Crepes - Vegan Dark Chocolate Sauce
3 Tablespoons Agar Agar
2.5 Cups Vegan Dark Chocolate (I like the brand HU), finely chopped
1 Cup cold water
½ Cup pure cane sugar
8 x 8 baking dish
Vegan butter or Coconut oil to grease the baking dish
1. Mix in Agar Agar into cold water in a pot. Stir continuously. Bring water to a boil and keep stirring until it is all dissolved. Once dissolved, gradually add in sugar. Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes.
2. Boil 1 cup of water in a separate pot and add to cold water.
3. Pour it into a food processor. Now add in your chocolate. Mix on low until everything looks smooth. About 1 min or so.
4. Pour mixture slowly into your baking dish, using a spatula to thoroughly clean everything out.
5. Let sit in the fridge for about 1 hour or so or until slightly firm on top.
6. Mix it with a large spoon and add to ice cream, crepes, or fresh strawberries! Enjoy!
I chose to create this recipe because eating this brings back so many great childhood memories. After gymnastics practice, my mom would make fresh crepes for me. I would either have it with nutella or strawberry jam. I would basically just eat and eat until I was very full because I loved them so much. She would serve it fresh, right off the pan, still hot to the touch. I can’t believe I actually didn’t make this recipe earlier! My dark chocolate vegan sauce only has the ½ Cup added sugar. Everything else is natural and guilt-free thanks to Agar Agar.
I hope you will enjoy this as much as I do. Thank you!