Updated: Apr 29
215 grams (7.6 oz) of vegan graham crackers
60 grams of vegan melted butter
200 grams vegan cream cheese unsalted
575 ml /or 2 ½ cup coconut milk only the thick part
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ tsp of agar agar powder
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
½ cup strawberry juice
¾ tsp agar agar powder
1. Process the crackers in a food processor. Pulse for a few min until all crackers are
transformed into a fine powder.
2. Melt the vegan butter.
3. Mix the melted butter with the processed crackers.
4. Pour the crust mixture in a round mold cake. Set in the fridge while working on the cheesecake layer.
5. Cheesecake layer : In a pan mix vegan cheese, coconut cream , maple syrup and
bring to a boil on the stove.
6. Mix the agar agar powder with 2 tbsp water.
7. Add the agar agar mixture to the boiling pot along with the vegan cheese and coconut milk. Boil for 3 extra min, making sure the agar agar is all dissolved.
8. Mix the fresh-cut strawberries in the cheesecake mix.
9. Pour the cheesecake mix in the pan and set back in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
10. The strawberry layer : In a pan mix the strawberry juice and agar agar powder. Bring to a boil for 2 to 3 min.
11. Cut Fresh strawberries to arrange on top of the cake. Pour the jelly mixture on top of the strawberries. Set back in the fridge for up to 1 hr.
This recipe reminds me of the strawberry cheesecake me and my mom used to make together. Those were some sweet times. I’ve always loved baking with my mother and looked forward to it. My mother was my inspiration and she is even today. When I make sweets, I always reflect back to the wonderful times we had together, and I surely miss that very much. The only difference in my recipe is that I’ve made it vegan and no-bake.