Updated: Apr 29, 2021
Creamy Panna Cotta with Strawberry and Kiwi Caviar
Rose Crush. 1 tbsp
Agar Agar 1/2 tsp X 2
Sugar 1 tbsp
Whipped Cream – 1 Cup
Condensed milk - 2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Agar Agar - 1Tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1Tsp
Strawberry pearls part
1. Grind the strawberries and keep aside. In a pan add the strawberry puree, rose crush and agar agar.
2. Mix well. Let the mixture boil. Turn off the gas and transfer the mixture into jalebi maker bottle. Pour the liquid drop by drop into chilled vegetable oil.
3. Separate the pearls and wash them with water.
Kiwi pearls part
4. Grind the kiwi and sugar and keep aside. In a pan add the kiwi puree and agar agar. Mix well. Let the mixture boil. Turn off the gas and transfer the mixture into jalebi maker bottle.
5. Pour the liquid drop by drop into chilled vegetable oil. Separate the pearls and wash them with water.
Cream Panna Cotta
6. Add the cream, milk, condensed milk and agar to a large pan. Mix well.
7. Add the vanilla extract and Turn on the flame to medium. Heat until the agar dissolves and the mixture is just about to boil. Turn off the flame, and let it cool for 5 mins.
8. Pour into mini ring moulds. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes
9. Place the panna cotta rings on a plate and dust cocoa powder around it. Fill the hollow portion with Strawberry and Kiwi caviar pearls and Serve
Malai Kulfi ..the name just takes me back to my childhood…and I am drowned into an ocean of memories, remembering the days when I used to study in the balcony during the nights. Soon, I would doze off due to the magical cold wind. But my peaceful sleep would be interrupted by a loud snap of Kulfiwala. He was an old man carrying a big bag dangling from the cycle’s handle and a large vessel covered with a red cloth was fixed on its carriage which had kulfi cones inside. Devouring the kulfis was an experience out of this world.. one bite and I was sent into heaven of bliss and happiness. The moment I put it in my mouth, the flavors collided and danced together... It still manages to seduce my taste buds and make them jump with excitement. I have made an attempt to give my unique twist to this kulfi by converting it into a pannacotta loaded with my favourite fruits strawberry and Kiwi in the shape of agar caviars.