Updated: Apr 28, 2021
A colourful spring dessert. Full of flavour and to die for. Made with a pie crust of almonds and a vibrant yellow filing of mangoes, turmeric, coconut and agar agar! Simple dessert for any occasion. Fun dessert for the Easter Holidays or afternoon tea treat. “Go on, I dare you to have a slice!” 😋
Mango tart is free from unrefined sugars Mangoes contain high levels of vitamin C, fibre and pectin making it a perfect fruit that helps in controlling high cholesterol level. Another benefit of eating mangoes is that it cleanses your skin from deep inside your body. It treats pores and gives a glow to your skin. This tart also contains Agar Agar has many nutritional benefits including calcium, folate, fiber and manganese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour Cooling Time: 3 hours Total Time (prep + cooking + cooling): 4 and 15 minutes
Serves for 6 people
Vegan, diary-free, gluten-free and vegetarian
Pie crust ingredients
1/4 cup of flaked almonds or almond flour
1/4 of plain all purpose flour or gluten-free flour
25 grams soft vegan butter
Pinch of sea salt
1 teaspoon of powdered organic sugar
5 tablespoons of distilled water
Parchment paper and rolling pin
1/2 cup of full fat coconut cream
1 mango pureed
1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of maple syrup (optional)
1 teaspoon of gluten-free organic corn flour or tapioca
1 teaspoons of Agar agar
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Add dry ingredient to a mixing bowl: Almond flour and plain flour
3. Add powder sugar with a pinch of salt
4. Add vegan butter (very soft at room temperature) to the dry ingredients
5. Rub vegan butter well into the flour mixture
6. Add distilled water a little at a time. Slowly forming the ingredient to a dough
7. Add dough to parchment paper. Knead for 2 minutes before rolling out the pastry.
8 Add pastry to a non-stick quiche tin with removable base 300mm
9. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
10. Remove from the fridge, place baking beans to the pastry and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove pastry from the oven and set aside whilst making the tart filling
11. For the filing add coconut cream to a saucepan with cardamom pod and vanilla followed by corn flour.
12. Whisk into a light custard
13. Puree the mango and add this to the coconut custard
14. Mix the mango and coconut custard.
15. Add Agar Agar to the mixture. Mix well until the Agar Agar is well dissolved.
16. Pour the filing ingredient to the pastry case
17 Leave to until cooled
18. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight for best results.
Mango roses / Edibles rose / Dragon fruit
(this is optional! Delicious on it’s own)
※ Store in the fridge and use within 3 days. Enjoy 🙂❤
★ ABOUT CHEF
Monica - Nutritiouslymonica