[5th contest] Coconut Milk Jaggery Pudding
Updated: May 2, 2021
Coconut Milk Jaggery Pudding
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Additional time: chilling for 30 minutes
Shelf period : 2 days in the refrigerator
Container size : 6 small dessert cups
Agar agar powder 1 Tablespoon
Jaggery 3/4 cup
Water 2 cups
Thick coconut milk 1cup
caramelized nuts 1/4 cup
1. Bring water to boil in a thick bottom saucepan.
2. Add agar agar powder in boiling water.
3. Stir well until it gets dissolved. Add jaggery and mix it well continuously.
4. Add two cardamoms to the jaggery mixture.
5. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and take it off the cardamom.
6. Pour the thick coconut milk.
7. Transfer to a bowl or any pudding cups.
8. Set aside until its done. Do not disturb while its getting set.
9. Garnish with caramelized nuts on top.
Hi, I'm Mrs Sohail A home cook behind soha in the kitchen. My goal is to give you the recipes which I have tried. I find cooking relaxing. I believe that cooking is for everybody. It might take time but it is a delightful experience that will soon turn into a captivating pleasure.
When I was young, during our fasting days I watched my grandma use to make different types of agar agar desserts. To this day the scent takes me back to my childhood days. My favourite was coconut milk jaggery pudding. Till now our fasting days never get complete without agar agar desserts. When I started cooking, I would like to try new and innovative ideas in my dishes. But in this recipe, the taste remains the same but I thought of presenting in a new way. Thank you for this opportunity to share our childhood memories. We are back to our childhood days!!!